We operate programs in Wayne, Northampton, Carbon, Berks, Montgomery and Philadelphia Counties. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Live In Child Care Workers: working with adolescents in a residential setting. Live In Child Care Worker resides in home for 7 days, two weeks per month; 168 hours of duty per week.
To view or print our application you must have Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader software, the link below will allow you to download the free software from Adobe’s Official Web Site.
To apply print and complete the application and return it to:
ChildFirst Services, Inc.
2021 North 63rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19151
Fax: (484) 365-2603
Curious to know what it is like to work at CFS?
Watch this brief video to find out more.
Frequently Asked Questions
What it means to be a childcare worker
Some duties include:
- Participating in the development and implementation of individual service plans.
- Overseeing and assisting the residents in the completion of their homework and studies, household chores, house maintenance, personal care, meal preparation and shopping, social and recreational activities and transportation services, as necessary.
- Reporting accurate observations of resident involvement in the daily log.
- Conducting fire drills monthly according to regulations and agency policies and procedures.
- Maintaining residence, vehicle, and equipment in a safe, functional and secure manner conducive to the residents’ physical well-being.
- Assisting the residents in the expression and fulfillment of their needs within the guidelines established in the facility policies to provide growth and self-sufficiency.
- Providing crisis intervention strategies as prescribed in the policies and procedures for treatment/support, as necessary.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits package
- 401k match program
- Life insurance
What are the qualifications?
- A High school diploma or equivalent;
- Must be able to pass criminal, child abuse, FBI, and drivers record clearance processes;
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and physical;
- Must have a valid PA driver’s license;
Valid PA Driver’s License
What is the hiring process?
Potential Candidates attend an open interview Wednesday’s at our Overbrook Location. At times, we can request you to return for a second or third interview.
What should I wear to the interview?
Please dress in business casual clothing.
What if I have a criminal record?
Having a criminal history does not exclude you from being considered for employment as a Childcare worker unless your convictions are directly related to the job.
What kind of training will I receive?
All employees are required to attend an orientation session in order to familiarize themselves with specific job responsibilities. Training and education in the areas associated to an employee’s job related functions is very important, and will be provided on an ongoing basis.
Where will I work?
ChildFirst Services’ group homes have a large foot print in Pennsylvania. Homes are located from Philadelphia to the Poconos.
What hours does a Childcare Worker work?
Live In Child Care Worker resides in a home for 7 days, two weeks per month; 168 hours of duty per week.